The Hunt Is On编辑
As part of the event, The Hunt Is On!, Rengar and Kha'Zix are assigned to defeat one another in battle. The first to score a kill on the other claims victory (assists count). The event begins randomly after Kha'Zix has used all 3 evolution points, and Rengar is in possession of the .
- If Kha'Zix is victorious, he gains a fourth evolution point.
- If Rengar is victorious, his is replaced with the , which grants him the bonuses of a fully stacked .
This event can only occur once per game, even if both teams possess both champions. A video describing the event can be found here.
- Rengar was designed by Classick.
- Rengar's lore is possibly inspired by the short story The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell.
- Rengar's concept is possibly inspired by the Charr, a race from the Guild Wars franchise.
- The name of Rengar's passive, Unseen Predator Unseen Predator, his dread-like haircut and wrist blades, his stealth ultimate and its visual effects are references to the Predator franchise.
- Rengar's appearance is also similar to one of the alien bounty hunters in Samurai Jack.
- Rengar is the first champion to have two unique items; and . He is the second champion to have at least one unique item, the first being Viktor.
- Rengar's dance is a reference to the New Zealand tribal dance, Maori haka, particularly the Ka Mate. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Rengar Is the fourth champion to reference another champion in-game, after Renekton, Volibear, and Graves.
- Rengar's passive, Unseen Predator Unseen Predator, is similar to Nidalee's passive, Prowl, in that they both provide utility while in the brush. 凯特琳的 Headshot is also an ability that uses the brush specifically in activation.
- Initially, many in the community believed that Rengar had fought Cho'Gath in his lore. It was later revealed that it was Kha'Zix that Rengar was fighting.
- Rengar's overall concept shares very similar concepts to the lyrics of the song "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor.
- Rengar's Headhunter skin is most likely a reference to the Predator species from the Predator franchise, sporting similar wrist blades, armor, fishnets and hair.
- In the Headhunter skin's splash art, you can see 20px Dragon's and Baron Nashor's skulls on the left side.
- In the Headhunter skin's splash art, Rengar is seen wearing his unique item .
- In the Headless Hecarim skin, Rengar's and Warwick's skulls can be seen on his belt.
- Rengar fought against Kha'Zix and lost his left eye during the conflict. He seeks to one day slay Kha'Zix and add the monster's head to his collection as his most prized trophy.
- Rengar and Kha'Zix's conflict is a reference to the Alien vs Predator series.