Monsters should not be confused with minions, which are not neutral and follow a predetermined path from spawning at their team's nexus towards the opposite one.
Killing a Monster编辑
Killing a monster will always reward its killer with gold and experience points split between every allied champion within an 400-unit range. Like minions, the gold and experience rewards from slaying monsters increases as the game progresses. Also, certain epic monsters will offer greater rewards. For example, some monsters provide a buff or a global reward to the entire team. After a camp has been completely cleared, it will remain empty for an amount of time specific to that camp (called Respawn Time). The camp will not respawn if it is not entirely clear.
Sigil monsters, when slain, grant their killer a buff. Monsters of this type are usually indicated by swirling colored runes around them, which will be transfered to the killing champion.
The following table lists the various monsters of this category along with the buff they grant:
|Ancient Golem||Crest of the Ancient Golem|
|Ghast||Crest of Flowing Water|
|Grez, The Lizard Lord||Blessing of the Lizard Elder|
|Lizard Elder||Blessing of the Lizard Elder|
|Rabid Wolf||Crest of Nature's Fury|
While the monsters above only grant a buff to a single person, there exist monsters that grant the buff to every living member of the killing team, regardless of whether or not they participated in slaying the monster. Since these monsters are more valuable than others, they are usually more difficult to slay. They also grant gold and experience to the whole team.
|Baron Nashor||Exalted with Baron Nashor||300||900|
|Ebonmaw, The Terror of Zaun||Crest of Crushing Wrath||280||900|
The Dragon is unique in that it will not grant a buff, only a 190 global gold reward to its killing team.
Fields of Justice编辑
The various Fields of Justice contain different types of monsters.
On Summoner's Rift there are 12 monster camps:
- 2 camps containing a Giant Wolf and two Wolves.
- 2 camps with both a Golem and a Big Golem each.
- 2 camps with a Wraith and three Lesser Wraiths.
- 2 camps containing an Ancient Golem with two Young Lizards.
- 2 camps containing a Lizard Elder with two Young Lizards.
- The Dragon camp.
- Baron Nashor's camp.
On Twisted Treeline there are 8 camps. Some of these have alternating monsters, which means that there will two types of monsters that can spawn there, determined randomly at the beginning of the match and every time the camp is cleared.
- 2 camps alternating between two Golems and a Giant Wolf with two Wolves.
- 2 camps alternating between a Wraith with three Lesser Wraiths and a Golem with a Lizard and a Young Lizard.
- 2 camps alternating between a Rabid Wolf with two Giant Wolves and a Ghast with two Wraiths.
- A camp which contains Grez, The Lizard Lord.
- A camp with Vilemaw, who replaced Ebonmaw.
The following table lists every monster in the game based on its appearance:
List of Monsters编辑
Here is the complete list of monsters actually present in the game, with their rewards and the map where they belong (SR stands for Summoner's Rift, TT stands for Twisted Treeline). Fields tagged with a * represent rewards that are given to the whole team, ** represent rewards that are given only to living members of the team.
|Name||Map||Base Gold(SR)||Base Exp (SR)||Exp (TT)||Respawn||Additional Rewards|
|Ancient Golem||SR||60||231||5:00||Crest of the Ancient Golem|
|Baron Nashor||SR||300*+25||900*||7:00||Exalted with Baron Nashor**|
|Big Golem||SR, TT||40||117||120||1:00|
|Ebonmaw, The Terror of Zaun||TT||280*+25||200*||5:00||Crest of Crushing Wrath**|
|Ghast||TT||75||150||3:30||Crest of Flowing Water|
|Giant Wolf||SR, TT||25||128||85||1:00|
|Grez, The Lizard Lord||TT||50||160||4:00||Blessing of the Lizard Elder|
|Lesser Wraith||SR, TT||4||20||25||0:50/1:15|
|Lizard Elder||SR||60||210||5:00||Blessing of the Lizard Elder|
|Rabid Wolf||TT||75||150||3:30||Crest of Nature's Fury|
|Young Lizard||SR, TT||5||32||30||5:00/1:15|
- There is a current bug that occurs when a monster camp is attacked but not killed. After the minions return to their original locations, ranged monsters may begin to fire continuous streams of their missile (eg, the Young Lizard will shoot several copies of its fireball, creating a huge trail of fire) in the direction of the last attacker, but deal no damage.
- A monster camp will not respawn unless all of its monsters have been slain. For example, if the Lizard Elder has been slain, but his two smaller lizard companions have not, the Lizard Elder will not respawn until they have been slain. Jungle invaders may deliberately do this to deprive their opponent of jungle gp/exp.