- Fizz was designed by both FeralPony and Xypherous.
- Fizz is not a yordle, though it's possible that his race is distantly related to yordles.
- In Fizz's lore, it is mentioned that he is of an ancient race which lives deep underwater.
- During Fizz's Art Spotlight, the artist draws a handlebar mustache on both Fizz and the Shark as a joke. It appears around the 21 second mark for about a quarter of a second.
- This may be a reference to the fact that the Art Spotlight was drawn in "Movember", which is in the month of November where growing a moustache is done for charity.
- Knockmaw, the artist for Fizz's splash art, stated that his co-worker drew the moustaches while he was away from his desk.
- shadowMacuahuitl, who did Fizz's base design, model, and texture, is named Oscar, which can be seen etched into Fizz's staff blade.
- Fizz's ultimate, Chum the Waters Chum the Waters, was first created to be an ultimate for a champion concept of Mardok, designed by JesterCapp.
- If Fizz's ultimate, Chum the Waters Chum the Waters, deals the killing blow to a champion with a small model size their corpse is eaten and not visible on the map.
- The shark, appearing when Chum the Waters Chum the Waters is cast, is named Chomper.
- The way Fizz yells "Shark!" when casting his ultimate is almost exactly the same as Flounder's from the movie The Little Mermaid when he first spots a shark in the sunken ship.
- Atlantean Fizz is a reference to the lost underwater city of Atlantis.
- Tundra Fizz's clothing is similar to the clothing worn by Inuits and Eskimos, indigenous people who have traditionally inhabited circumpolar regions.
- Fisherman Fizz is a reference to the Gorton's Fisherman, the mascot for a company that sells frozen fish products.