+55 attack damage|
+36 magic resistance
|Passive||magic damage which would leave you at less than 30% of your maximum health, you first gain a shield which absorbs up to 400 magic damage for 5 seconds. 60 second cooldown.|
Defense > Magic Resistance|
Attack > Damage
|Item cost||3300g (925g)|
- As with Attack Damage based champions against teams with strong magic damage. , this item can help
- The shield can block the initial burst of damage from a enemy champion and give the owner an opportunity to attack or retreat. It is very useful against AP casters with long cooldowns, such as Karthus, Ziggs, and Lux.
- Further magic resistance from other items will increase the effective shield value, as more magic damage will be required to destroy the shield.
- Attack Damage champions who benefit from being at low health (e.g. Tryndamere, Olaf, Dr. Mundo) can put it to great use. Their low-health passives combined with the item's AD effect, and the shield allows them to stay at lower health more safely.
- will provide up to 39 bonus AD which occurs when the wielder is at or below 2.5% of total HP. It will provide 0 bonus AD while its wielder is above 97.5% of total HP.
- At 30% of total HP, when this item's shield activates, it provides 28 bonus AD.
- is named after a well-known community member known as "Malmortius" (also answers to "Lord Voldemortius", "Malmorpheus" and "James") for obtaining over one thousand referrals.