- Malphite was designed by Coronach.
- When Malphite punches the ground with his Ground Slam Ground Slam attack, he leaves a glowing fist imprint of the Riot Games logo.
- Malphite is one of a few champions that actually have multiple textures in one skin. When his Granite Shield Granite Shield passive is broken, he appears as though he is made of molten rock until the passive recharges and then reverts back to his normal texture. When Malphite activates Brutal Strikes Brutal Strikes he has a different type of molten rock texture with glowing arms.
- Malphite's original cost was 3150 . It was lowered to 1350 on April 12, 2011.
- Malphite's dance resembles Capoeira called Ginga. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here .
- His /joke is the old saying "Caught between a rock and a hard place", which basically means you are in a position where you have to choose between unpleasant alternatives, neither of which is an optimal situation.
- Shamrock Malphite may have been inspired by the famous Blarney Stone in Ireland.
- Obsidian Malphite may have been inspired by the Destroyers of Guild Wars.
- Marble Malphite may have been influenced by the World of Warcraft zone Nagrand.
- Glacial Malphite may be a refrence to the god Y'mir in Norse mythology.
- Malphite comes from another world called the Monolith. It is a world of perfect harmony, where the essence of all its denizens are but singular pieces of the whole.
- Although Malphite disagrees with Maokai's view of life as a curse, Malphite also stated that he is "... proud to call the Twisted Treant my ally", suggesting that these two elemental champions get along quite well despite their differences.
- Malphite meditates near the caverns surrounding the Institute of War.